10 opportunities requiring your inspiration
The Branch has nearly 3,000 members and covers Greater Manchester. This results in a number, almost endless number, of opportunities for members to get involved as volunteer committee member. As an example, here are just 10 opportunities that require your inspiration:
- Social secretary: The Branch needs a social side, a networking front, can you help?
- Sub-branch chairman: Meetings in Manchester city centre, we know how difficult it can be to get to, but is an alternative target worthwhile? Is the solution a local committee in Altrincham, Bolton or Rochdale perhaps?
- Marketeer: oh, dear! The Branch ain’t very good at this – do you know the Society’s mission – can you help to promote it and our events?
- Business liaison: Greater Manchester is full of businesses, how can the information society advance them?
- Policy advisor: Chartered Institute for IT – is IT important in Great Manchester?
- Survey monkey or is it requirements engineering! With almost three thousand members can you help the branch deliver what its members want?
- Events director: action! Greater Manchester is a vast area and has an impressive IT community – so what events should we be doing?
- Public engagement: The Society’s mission is to enable the Information Society. How can we do this in Manchester?
- Students, thousands of them: Perhaps we should be doing something here – can you help?
- The future! Is it IT, ICT, Computing, Software Engineering, Information Systems or something else, or is that the problem. The aim is to encourage the next generation. Can you assist the Branch? Whether through Computing At School or other organisations: our aim is simple – the future.
All we ask is your time, toil, tears (hankies not provided) and enthusiasm for your profession. What we offer is the possibility of fame, glory and a free cuppa. Interested? Then either contact a member of the committee or speak to us at one of our events.